Friday, September 25, 2009

Alfredo Sauce

I am a big fan of alfredo sauce over pasta of any kind! Then add favorite veggies to the side ~ it makes for a really scrumptious dinner ~ at least in my opinion :)
Anyway...I found this homemade sauce that is really not that intimidating and it turned out really great the first time I made it, so I thought I would share it with you...

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cup Milk
  • 1 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/2 cup Romano Cheese (ricotto cheese)
  • 6 Egg Yolks
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Heat milk and cream in a heavy bottom saucepan until it begins to simmer. Turn off heat. Slowly whip in cheese, then remove from heat.

2. Place egg yolks in a separate bowl and slowly whip in a portion on the hot milk and cream mixture. Slowly add egg yolk mixture into remaining cream mixture. Place back on very low heat and continually stir until simmering. Take sauce off heat so it thickens. (This will increase temperature of egg yolks, known as tempering).

3. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.

4. Serve over your favorite pasta and Enjoy!


No comments: