Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Chicken Salad

Chicken Salad is probably one of my all-time favorite meals...it's quick, easy...and super tasty.

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 lbs. Chicken Breasts
  • 2 Apples - diced
  • 1 Bunch of Grapes - cut in half
  • Dill Relish (to taste)
  • Mayonnaise (to taste)
  • Mustard (to taste)
Directions:

Cook chicken until well done - I choose to cook my chicken for one hour (+/-) on low heat in a big skillet (covered), this makes for easy to shred chicken, plus I do not have to stand over a hot stove cooking the chicken.
*If you do not have the chance to cook the chicken like I do, I suggest either boiling the chicken in a saucepan for about 15-20 min. or cooking chicken in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil until well done. Once chicken is cooked and cooled, shred into small pieces and place in a large bowl.

Add apples and grapes into bowl.

Now, concerning the dill relish, mayo and mustard...add the amount desired to chicken mixture according to your own taste buds. Mix well.

Serve with crackers, chips, or tortillas and enjoy!! :)

No comments: